Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing 23

This site is a new thing for me. I have never heard of Ning but what a wonderful idea. The entire Facebook/My Space has worried me about there not being any way to monitor what information, pictures, videos, etc. are put on the site. This is a wonderful way to network with others who teach the same subject/grade. Even though I don't teach I think we could use this as a tool to monitor to see what subjects teachers are interested in and use that information in forming staff development sessions geared toward those interests.

You can connect with other on your grade/subject or on a specific subject. I was interested in the whiteboard discussion. My daughters have really used these in their first grade classrooms so it was interesting for me to hear what others are saying. This is an awsome way of using social networking within the education world.

No comments:

Post a Comment