Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing 16

The LibraryThing is something I think I could use in the Staff Development Department. We have a library of books that people all over the district use. Teachers will call and ask if we have a book and we are constantly looking through the books to see if we can find it. We have a "list" but it is not up to date. Using LibraryThing we could put all of the Staff Development books on there and be able to tell someone quickly if we have the book.

After New Teacher Orientation (summer is one of our busiest times) I am going to try and get this implemented. I could also do this for the ladies I work for. This way they could locate a book quickly. Often when someone calls it is hard for them to remember if they actually had the book or if they just read it. I think this could be an effective tool in our office.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent idea! I'm glad that you are finding some tools that are useful for you!

    ReplyDelete