Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing 19

An idea that I have to use Voicethread in my position is to make one with the Electronic Registrar. We constantly have people calling and not understanding how to get on ERO and look at their transcripts, register for classes, drop classes, etc. I could make a voicethread and e-mail it to them when they are having problems and that would give them direct instructions. I could get a copy of each screen on ERO and narrate how to login, press the tabs across the top of the screen to look at their transcript, etc. This would be a neat tool to have.

I loved the way different people interpreted the picture in Coming and Going. While a lot of them had some of the same ideas, each individual one was original. The first one mentioned that they might be going to the beach and a lot of them kept with that idea. It was fun to hear the different views.

In Measuring Volume of Wierd Objects it was neat to see the step-by-step pictures. I think the visual helped to make it easier to understand. This could be used as a great learning tool.

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of using a voicethread for the ERO system. Did you think of this because of all my calls to your office. You have done a wonderful job blogging your thoughts. I haven't been able to get that higher level.. I have all those Salary formulas screaming in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a FANTASTIC idea! I hope you are able to do it!

    ReplyDelete